Monday, September 26, 2011

The What If, just stay away from that!!

The worst thing you can do is sit and think about the "what if's". Don't get me wrong I have done this many times, but everytime I let myself go to that place I catch myself and ask myself one question. Do I really think I could have changed Gods will?? The answer is simple, of course not. Who do I think I am?
It took me a while to get to this point it definitely didn't happen over night. I had my angry, "what if" they didn't do the spinal tap or "what if" they would have removed the tumor that night instead of just releasing the pressure. You could go crazy with thinking about all the difference scenarios. Like they always say everything happens for a reason and God is always good. Yes, it can be so annoying hearing that from people that have no clue what you are going through, but just remember if any of those "what if's" would have happened your life could have ended up completely different. Who are we to say we know better than God does.
I have a favorite quote that I actually just found that really hit home.

“We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be”
C.S Lewis

God bless

1 comment:

  1. I am still doing this over my parents death. I drive myself!razy. And wish I could've changed things but you're right you can't. I am trying to think of all the good things & memories & how blessed I am to of had to great parents. But they left me way too soon. I feel that it is so unfair I'm only 32!

    ReplyDelete